Friday was a bit crazy as we were tied up with an octopus and a lawn gnome, not to mention an outing to our beloved Del Taco. And Saturday was the definition of lazy…and so this post is coming later than I had planned. The third and final installment of my favorite things will include a combo of wardrobe and makeup items that I have come to love and adore. Without further ado…
The day was Mother’s Day…2011. I was a mom to Cole, 22 months old (just older than Penn’s current age), and pregnant with Vera (only known as “Baby E #2” at the time). Jake gave me perhaps one of the greatest Mother’s Day gifts of all time – the Temptu Airbrush Makeup System. It was, and still is (8 years later), glorious.
I’m a fan for so many reasons…
- Ultra Hygienic – Say goodbye to washing brushes (yeah – you know that task you are supposed to partake in each week/month/who even knows the interval). And don’t fear sharing the system with a friend. The airpod design means makeup is applied directly to your face while the device never actually touches your skin.
- Multitasking – Dealing with a screaming toddler who only wants to be held? Nursing a newborn who thinks you are some kind of all you can eat seafood buffet? Temptu allows you to flawlessly apply your foundation with only one hand. The learning curve is incredibly short, and it is very difficult to truly “mess up.”
- Professional – Applying my foundation has never been so easy, and never given me a better result than with Temptu. And I’m a huge fan of the fact that if you are a dry skin sufferer (retinoids, anyone?), you don’t have to worry about the physical act of applying via brush/sponge/fingers ruining the appearance of your foundation. Or am I the only one who always has the issue of skin flaking during foundation application…?
I have a confession to make. I love bamboo…especially in baby clothes. Kate Quinn does not disappoint in the pieces in her bamboo collections that I have purchased over the years. I also appreciate that she frequently has some pretty major sales (read: 50% off).
Kate Quinn Organics is not just for the tiny babies in your life, however. I have been able to find quite a few outfits for my older kids and have even scored matching dresses, tops, and pants for up to four of my five kids. It is quite a feat for any retailer to be able to accommodate our vast quantity of sizes. Kudos to Kate Quinn!
In September of 2016 I bought some leggings for an obscenely low price. $19.95 to be precise (and yes, that included shipping). The leggings were from Girlfriend Collective, a tiny start up company at that time. Flash forward to today and I’m currently wearing these leggings over 3 years later. They quickly became my favorite thicker, winter legging, above my beloved Lululemon Wunder Unders, no joke. (Sorry Lululemon – you still have my heart with the Align 7/8 pant, though…no worries).
Girlfriend Collective uses 25 recycled water bottles to create each pair of leggings they sell. But honestly, this goes beyond sustainability. You will LOVE the feel of their leggings. And although sadly no longer sold for under $20, the current price tag of about $68 is far less than what you will pay at Lululemon or Athletica.
Benefit Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel is a product that was introduced to me by my good friend Joy (who left me in Augusta when she moved to exotic Alaska and is now living her best life – WE MISS YOU JOY!) I desperately need to run out and get more of this stuff, but trust me when I say it is a game changer.
I couldn’t leave out these beauts…especially since they are my chosen fall/winter rainy day footwear. Sperry has roughly four million different color/fabric options for these boots, and you can generally find them everywhere from DSW to Famous Footwear to Nordstrom Rack.
Giveaway Time…Get Ready to Like and Share!
I thought it would be fun to do a
super tiny giveaway with a couple of my favorite things. Don’t get too excited (gotta keep that bar low).
If you are on a desktop computer, head on over to the Shopaholic & Babies Facebook page to the “Rafflecopter Giveaway” tab -or- for anyone on mobile devices, click on this link right here to enter to win this beloved gift basket that includes…
- $25 Amazon gift card
- Door Monkey Door Lock & Pinch Guard
- Aukey Magnetic Car Phone Mount
- SmartSweets Sour Blast Buddies
- …and maybe a few Reese’s Pumpkins. ‘Tis the season, after all.
My Favorite Things Giveaway starts now and ends at 12:00AM on October 30th. Happy entering!!
Missed parts 1 and 2? Click below!