In this house peanut butter is life.
Sometimes it is the *only* thing left for dinner.
As a kid I had this amazing children’s cookbook. It was filled with incredibly simple recipes even the youngest cooks and bakers could handle. It was in this cookbook that I discovered the most delicious recipe for “no-bake peanut butter cookies” comprised of only peanut butter, nonfat dry milk powder, and honey.
I realize it sounds strange.
I mean who uses dry milk powder in 2019?
Zella is skeptical.
(Or that might have been the “smile” I requested from her).
I decided to update my childhood favorite snack and swap out the honey for Truvia Nectar for a slightly lower calorie option. If you prefer to use honey, feel free – just double the amount.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- mixing bowl
- large spoon
- melon baller
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup Truvia Nectar (or 1/2 cup honey)
- Dump all ingredients into medium mixing bowl; stir until combined.
- Use small melon baller to scoop dough; roll into a ball and place on plate.
- Cover plate with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated (best if enjoyed within 5 days).
If you are feeling especially daring, dunk these suckers in melting chocolate…or better yet, skip the milk powder altogether, sub in a crap ton of powdered sugar, and THEN roll them in that chocolate.
Leave a Reply